P O E T R Y
Read a review ofWe He She/It by author Connor Coyne here.
Juked, GNU Journal, Unlost Journal, Pøst; WomenArts Quarterly Journal, Feminist Studies, cream city review, Cold Lake Anthology: 2018 Writing from the Burlington Writers Workshop, West Michigan Artist Collective, armarolla, S/tick - Repeat Defenders, Roanoke Review, Ovenbird Poetry, Right Hand Pointing, Brickplight, Lady Lazarus Journal, Eunoia Review, SWWIM, S/tick - issue 2.3, Dead Flowers: A Poetry Rag, Wicked Alice Zine, Humble Humdrum Cotton Frock, The Literary Bohemian, Fortunates, Paramanu Pentaquark, zafusy experimental poetry zine, Can We Have Our Ball Back?, Lilliput Review #153, Shampoo, ken*again, Be Which Magazine, Acumen Literary Journal
- because God loves the wasp, a full-length poetry memoir (Unsolicited Press, 2022)
- Lily Poetry Review
- Alternative opportunities for composers and performers - NewMusicBox, January 17, 2018
- Interview with Melanie Zeck, Center for Black Music Research, VAN Classical Music Magazine, July 27, 2017.
- Can New Music Be 'Sexy,' VAN Classical Music Magazine, March 2, 2017.
- Two Women and an Opera House (composer Ethel Smyth (1858-1954)), Second Inversion, December 8, 2016.
- Interview with composer/saxophonist Matthew Evan Taylor, VAN Classical Music Magazine, September 8, 2016.
- Interview with composer/sound artist Lisa R. Coons, VAN Classical Music Magazine, August 4, 2016.
Improv Poetry Orchestra
Elisabeth initiated this practice at the Atlantic Center for the Arts in February 2017. It involves writing poetry live, projected on a screen, while musicians improvise. The writer (who can be Elisabeth, another poet, or a member of the public) and the musicians work with each others' material in real time, creating symbiotic narratives and sound worlds that would never normally come into being on their own. She has created an Improv Poetry Orchestra at ACA in Florida, at the ACRE space in Chicago, and was featured at the Oh My Ears New Music Festival in January 2018.
Below are some examples of performances.